- 1 green bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, halved then thinly sliced
- Salt and black pepper
- Spices of your choice (e.g., 2 tsp zatar blend, 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp red pepper)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- Chopped fresh parsley, a large handful
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place sliced bell peppers (all colors) in a large mixing bowl. Add red onions. Season with salt, pepper and spices. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Toss to coat.
Transfer the pepper and onion medley to a large sheet pan. Spread in one layer. Bake in heated oven for 10–15 minutes.
Remove pan from oven briefly. Carefully make six “holes” or openings among the roasted veggies. Carefully crack each egg into a hole, keeping the yoke intact (Tip: crack the egg into a small dish or cup with a spout to more easily pour into each hole).
Return pan to oven and bake until the egg whites settle. Watch the yokes to see them turn to the doneness you like (5–8 minutes). Remove from oven. Add parsley and diced tomatoes. Serve immediately.
The leftovers will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge.
To store, be sure the eggs and veggies have cooled completely. Divide them into glass containers with tight lids (however many meals you plan on) and refrigerate.
Delicious at room temperature or warmed through. To warm, use a skillet on medium heat briefly until just warmed through.