I love fruits and also a big fan of fruity desserts. These fabulous pineapple cupcakes are moist, buttery, and loaded with crushed pineapples. I’m sure they’d be even more fabulous with pineapple frosting swirled on top!
yield: 12 CUPCAKES
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
- 270g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 125ml milk
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 80g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup almond slices
- 20-ounce can (567g) pineapple chunks, undrained
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir with a whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Drain the pineapple chunks and set aside 50ml juice. Cut the pineapple chunks to smaller pieces. Set aside 1/2 cup pineapples.
- Add in the remaining cut pineapples, 50ml juice, and almond slices to the batter.
- Sift in the flour mix to the batter and mix well.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Arrange the remaining cut pineapple pieces on top of each cup.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Optional: Top with coconut buttercream frosting.