- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, marjoram, rosemary, or thyme
- 1 California peach, pitted and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 California nectarine, pitted and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 California plum, pitted and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat grill to medium-high.
In a small skillet, heat oil until very hot. Add garlic and cook briefly until aromatic; do not allow the garlic to brown. Remove from heat immediately and stir in herbs; set aside.
Thread fruit onto skewers alternatively with shrimp and lemon slice. Brush lightly with garlic-herb oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Using direct-heat cooking method, grill until shrimp is pink and cooked through, 3-5 minutes. Remove from the grill and serve immediately.