A wonderful retreat in the summer is to have a fresh cherry pie.
Pre time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Total time: 70 minutes
- 1 lb fresh cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ready-to-bake rolled pie crusts
- Preheat over to 350F. Remove cherry pits; place cherries in large bowl. Add sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, sand vanilla; toss to coat.
- Place 1 pie crust in 9-inch pie plate. Transfer cherry mixture to crust. Top pie with second crust; press or crimp edges firmly together to seal and form a fluted edge.
- Cut 2 slits in top crust for steam to escape. Bake 60-65 minutes or until crust is browned and cherry liquid bubbles through slits.
- Let stand 30 minutes to cool. Serve and enjoy.