A wonderful retreat in the summer is to have a fresh cherry pie.
Pre time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Total time: 70 minutes
- 1 lb fresh cherries
- 1cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ready-to-bak rolled piecrusts
- Preheat over to 350F. Remove cherry pits; place cherries in large bowl. Add sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, sand vanilla; toss to coat.
- Place 1 piece in 9-inch pie plate. Transfer cherry mixture to crust. Top pie with second crust; press or crimp edges firmly together to seal and form a fluted edge.
- Cut 2 slits in top crust for steam to escape. Bake 60-65 minutes or until crust is browned and cherry liquid bubbles through slits.
- Let stand 30 minutes to cool. Serve and enjoy.
Amount per 1/8 recipe serving: Calories 370, Total Fat 13.00g, Sat Fat 5.00g, Trans Fat 0.00g, Chol 10mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carb 64g, Fiber 1.00g, Sugars 32g, Protein 3g, Calc 0%, Vit A 0%, Vit C 6%, Iron 0%